Short Term Aims/Goals (13 Years)
- More and continued research into the state of the industry to be undertaken
- To build the organisational structure and refine the aims of the network
- Start promotion of the network to encouraging membership.
- To enlist key industry figures in supporting our aims.
- Funding applications and securing of grants
- To build a website where affiliates could log in to their own sections. This website would facilitate ease in networking (be able to message other cinemas easily). This would require a website and domain.
Medium Term Aims/Goals (36 Years)
- Adopt, overhaul and build upon the BKSTS training certification for projectionists
- Apprenticeships training of two or three people a year in the profession across cinemas form maximum experience.
- To advocate and raise the profile of the medium through social and national media
- Licensing of profession bringing standards up both cinemas and staff. This needs to be recognised in industry both in projection and further.
- To facilitate in the repair and reproduction of 35mm prints
Long Term Aims/Goals (6-10 Years)
- To set a standard for presentation and heritage as a worldwide example
- To be in the position to fully support where possible the future of celluloid film in the UK